Marqués de Tamarón || Santiago de Mora Figueroa Marqués de Tamarón: Felices Pascuas y próspero Año Nuevo

jueves, 10 de diciembre de 2009

Felices Pascuas y próspero Año Nuevo



“¿Quiénes fueron los primeros en exclamar Navidad?
Pues ocurrió que todos eran animales.”


And then they heard the angels tell
“Who were the first to cry Nowell?
Animals all, as it befell,
In the stable were they did dwell!
Joy shall be theirs in the morning!”

Carol of the field-mice from The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame
Wood engraving by Eric Gill

1 comentario:

  1. "But, my dear Sebastian, you can't seriously believe it all."
    "Can't I?"
    "I mean about Christmas and the star and the three kings and the ox and the ass."
    "Oh yes, I believe that. It's a lovely idea."
    "But you can't believe things because they're a lovely idea."
    "But I do. That's how I believe."
    Evelyn Waugh. Brideshead revisited.

    ResponderEliminar

Comentar